01x04 - Ladies in Red

Complete collection of episode transcripts for seasons 1 - 7. Aired: September 2008 to February 2015.*

Moderator: Maggiemay19

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A famous "psychic" outs himself as a fake and starts working as a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation so he can find "Red John," the madman who k*lled his wife and daughter.

01x04 - Ladies in Red

Post by bunniefuu »

Jason Sands' Residence, San Francisco, CA

Lisbon: Mind running it for us Inspector?

Inspector: Not sure why you're called in. We can handle it. Place belongs to Jason Sands. The guy's a political contributor. He's been missing since last night.

Lisbon: That's why we're here. Attorney general likes to stand top this kind of things.

Inspector: Mr. Sands' wife Jennifer arrived home last night With their daughter at about 9 o'clock. She found her husband gone. And this...

They enter an untidy office

Inspector: Thanks, guys. There has been no ransom demand yet. But I expect we would get some very soon. If you want to take this guy's laptops I can let them know.

Lisbon: That's ok. We can handle that. Do you know where his family is?

Inspector: Uh...With friends. Mrs. Sands thought it would be best for the little girl and we agreed.

Rigsby: Any sign of force entry?

Inspector: No, must be a front door job. Someone imposing as his courier or whatever.

Jane looks around a little

Jane: He's still here.

Inspector (laughing): Unless he's invisible. He's not, agent Jane.

Lisbon: He's not an agent. He's a consultant.

Jane: No badge. No g*n. They don't even give me dental.

Inspector: Oh, yeah. You're the one they were telling me about—the psychic. Sorry, Gandalf. In our own bumbling way, we did look around pretty good. He's not here.

Jane: He's here, and there's no such thing as psychics. He was tortured in this chair... To give them a pass code...

Inspector: Pass code to what?

Jane: Could you humor me, inspector? Could you try and pick up that sheet of paper?

Inspector: All right.

Jane: Thanks. That's—that's it.

She tries to pick up the paper but it is caught under the bookcase and tears.

Inspector: Well, the bookcase must have moved.

Lisbon: After these papers were spread all over the floor?

Rigsby: It's a door. To a safe?

Lisbon: Or a safe room.

Jane: Yes. The intruder must have been distracted by something, Left Sands alone for a moment, Sands punches in the code, and before they can stop him, goes into the safe room and shuts the door behind him.

Lisbon: Which will open if you press the buttons a lot.

Jane (He laughing): I'm entering the top ten pass code Choices.

Rigsby: But if it is a safe room, wouldn't it have a silent alarm connected to a security company?

Jane: Not if you're the paranoid, secretive type. You make a safe room only you know about.

Inspector: I guess we need a locksmith.

Jane: Hang on a minute. (He singing) "Farewell and adieu to you, fair spanish maidens. Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of spain. For we've received orders. For to sail back to Boston"

He enters a combination, the door opens

Jane: "And so never more shall we see you... Again"

They discover Mr. Sands' body. The team is in Mr. Sands' room.

Rigsby: I look around. I don't see anyone here who could t*rture a man to death with pliers and a lit cigar.

Jane: Picture them naked and ravenously hungry.

Van Pelt: Ew!

Cho: You know, strictly speaking, he wasn't tortured to death.

Rigsby: He bled to death on his own in his little hidey-hole there. Kind of has himself to blame then, huh?

Cho: Mm, kind of.

Jane: How does the widow check out?

Lisbon: The night of the m*rder, she and her daughter were at a concert— "Peter & the wolf."

Cho: She have stubs?

Rigsby: Yep.

Jane: Who's the suit hovering around her?

Lisbon: That's Michael Claymore Bennett Iii, Sands' lawyer. What about him?

Jane: The widow's scared of him or...

Lisbon: Or?

Jane: Or, uh, he's reassuring her of something else that she's scared of.

Cho: Which is it?

Jane: I don't know. Could be both.

Lisbon: Well, we can't question 'em here. (To Van Pelt) Let's go get started on Sands' computer files. You guys stay here till this thing's over.

Rigsby: Yes, boss.

Lisbon: You never know. Somebody might confess.

They leave. Rigsby watches Van Pelt walking

Rigsby: Van Pelt, you're k*lling me.

Jane: Can I ask you a personal question?

Rigsby: Nope.

Jane: Have you told her how you feel?

Rigsby: She's a co-worker. It's against the rules. That's how I feel.

Jane: That's not how you feel.

Rigsby: I sent out the vibes. I got nothing back, okay? So I'm leaving them alone.

Jane: Vibes. Really? Vibes?

Cho: That's where he stares at the back of her neck For several hours. Women love that.

Rigsby: Oh, shut up, Cho.

Jane: You gotta go get her, man. You gotta seduce her.

Rigsby: Yeah, well, seduction's not my strong point.

Jane: Pfft. Man, seduction's easy once you know the basic principles.

Rigsby: There's nothing to it. Oh, really? Well, I don't see a crowd of women following you around.

Jane: Why would I want a crowd of women following me around?

Rigsby: Okay. I'll bite. What's the basic principle?

Jane: Cost you a dollar.

Rigsby: For what?

Jane: So you pay attention.

Rigsby gives a dollar

Jane: Love and affection.

Rigsby: What?

Jane: Love and affection.

Rigsby: Give me my dollar back.

Jane: When you're seducing someone, what are you offering them? Love and affection. Who doesn't want love and affection? It's that simple.

Rigsby: Seriously, give me my dollar back.

Jane: Let me demonstrate. I will bet you 100 more of these dollars that I can seduce any woman here.

Rigsby: Okay. The widow.

Jane leaves

Rigsby: Wait a minute. What are you— j-j-jane!

Cho: Good job.

Jane moves closer to the widow

Jane: Hello, sweetheart. Mrs. Sands, my name is Patrick Jane, CBI (He takes her hands). I'm sorry for your loss. Up close, you're really very beautiful.

Jennifer: That's... Totally inappropriate and—

Jane: Listen to me, Jennifer. I don't know what kind of hold this man has over you...

Bennett: Excuse me.

Jane: Back up now.

He backs up

Jane: And I'm not exactly sure what kind of trouble you're in, but I'm confident that I can help you. Call me, and I'll come.

Man (with Breathe): Excuse me, sir. You have to leave.

Cho and Rigsby arrive running

Cho: Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Rigsby: Hey. No problem.

Cho: Sorry. Sorry about that. Come on. Come on. I'm so sorry.

The widow looks troubled. They move away.

Rigsby: Looks like you owe me 100 bucks.

Jane: Early days, Rigsby. Early days.

CBI HQ Sacramento

Minelli: I'm disappointed. I-i'm—i'm very disappointed, and I'm embarrassed. How could you do this to me? I told the mayor of San Francisco that I was putting my best people on this. (He wants takes coffee) Oh! Holy mother! Who takes off the freakin' labels? I mean, what is that? Is this—is this real or is that decaf? I mean, how am I supposed to know which is which?

Jane: Mix 'em both half and half and drink twice as much.

Lisbon laughs

Minelli: What kind of idiot drinks decaf anyway? What is the point? And what were you thinking, leaving this man alone at an event like that?

Lisbon: No excuses. I mistakenly treated him as a responsible adult.

Jane: I do have a plan.

Minelli: Which is?

Jane: Uh, first win the widow's confidence—

Minelli: Aside from her lawyer making an official complaint at the attorney general, how is that going for you?

Jane: She's playing hard to get.

Minelli: Jane, you close cases. You—you close like a fiend, so I tolerate you, and i—and I protect you. And I let you make Lisbon's life a misery. But th-there is a line.
There is a line, and when you cross it, I will protect myself and this unit, and I will throw you to the wolves.

Jane: Okay.

Minelli: As long as we're clear.

Mineli's cellphone ringing. Lisbon leaves

Minelli: (To Lisbon) Hey (He picks up) Mm. Yes? (He hangs back up) t's the a.G.'s office. Um, mrs. Sands is willing to drop the matter If Jane will apologize to her.

Jane: Great. I'll make the call.

Minelli: She wants to hear it in person, at her house.

In Sands' residence, Jane waits in the hall. Jessica's daughter, Julie, laughing and hiding.

Julie: Do you want to see my trolls?

Jane: I'd love to.

They enter her bedroom

Julie: This one's a boy. His name is Woody Sands.

She beckons

Julie: Yeah. Come.

Jane: You have a very nice room.

Julie: Thank you. My daddy made it for me. This one's a girl. Her name is Wanda Sands. This one's a girl, too. Her name is—

Jane: Whoa. Whoa. I bet I can guess her name. Warren Moon.

Julie: No. (She laughing)

Jane: Wiley post?

Julie: No. (She laughing)

Jane: Wendy Sands.

Julie: Yes.

Jennifer arrives

Jane (To Julie): Bye.

Julie: Bye.

They are on the terrace. She gives him tea.

Jane: Thank you.

Jennifer: Are you married, mr. Jane?

Jane: Was. She's dead.

Jennifer: Oh, I'm sorry. What happened?

Jane: It doesn't matter.

Jennifer: You have a very strange way about you, mr. Jane.

Jane: Do i?

Jennifer: After the memorial service, I don't know why I simply don't have you fired. Are you usually so forthright?

Jane: What's on your mind, mrs. Sands? Why am I here?

Jennifer: You know why. I want an apology.

Jane: No, you don't.

Jennifer: You told me If I was ever to need your help, I should call you.

Jane: Yes. And here I am.

Jennifer: You were right. Bennett did upset me at the service. He told me the truth about Jason.

Jane: Which is?

Jennifer: His investment business was a sham, went broke ages ago. Our bank accounts are empty. He left me and Julie with nothing but massive debts, penniless. We're gonna have to sell the house and—and—and—and everything else we own.

Jane: I'm so sorry.

Jennifer: The i.R.S. And the s.E.C. And I don't know who else were investigating him for fraud.

Jane: He told you nothing?

Jennifer: Nothing. Nothing. Turns out our—our marriage was a lie. Our—our whole life together was a lie.

Jane: Perhaps he was ashamed in his failure.

Jennfier: No. Ashamed? Jason? No. I always knew he had a-a secretive, mistrustful side, but this?

Jane: Every couple has secrets.

Jennifer: There are rooms in this house I didn't even know were there.

Jane: Mrs. Sands, you asked me... To help you.

Jennifer: Yes.

Jane: How can I do that?

Jennifer: If I know Jason, he—he— there's something left. He would have hid a nest egg somewhere. Don't you think it's possible?

Jane: Whoever k*lled him certainly thought so.

Somebody knocks at the door

Man: Sheriff's department.

Jennifer: What is this? Who are you?

Man: Asset seizure. No trouble. Start upstairs, boys.

Jane: CBI. Department of justice. Hang on a second. Yeah, this is in order, but, uh, where's your lethal toxins immunization papers?

Man: Excuse me?

Jane: Did they not tell you the score here? Did you get your sh*ts?

Man: sh*ts? What are you talking about?

Jane: sh*ts. There was a m*rder here.

Man: Yeah, I know.

Jane: (To a widow)Excuse me a minute. (To men) Suspected poisoning. Anthrax.

Man: Come on. Let's, uh, let's go, guys.

Jane: Get your sh*ts. We'll talk.

Man: sh*ts. Yeah.

They go to CBI

Lisbon: Looks like Sands was bust all right. He used to be huge, but he made some really bad calls in i.T. Over the past five years, his business has dwindled down to almost nothing. No clients. No income. There were indictments and injunctions and the whole nightmare coming, just down the road.

Cho: The strange thing is, until a couple of weeks ago, there was $10 million in his personal accounts in cash and bonds and stocks, most of it deposited over the last year.

Rigsby: His business is dead for years. Where do you get $10 million from?

Van Pelt: More importantly, where is it now?

Cho: That's what his K*llers wanted to know. Hey. Are you sure the widow doesn't know where it is?

Jane: No, she's genuinely broke and genuinely scared

Lisbon: You're not soft on her, are you?

Jane: No. Maybe a little. We need to talk to the lawyer. What's his—

Lisbon: Bennett? We need to talk to him. You need to stay well away. Did you say maybe a little?

Jane: She's a gorgeous, grieving widow. Of course maybe a little. Don't worry. It's not going to affect my work. I'm a law enforcement professional. Jeez. (He whistles)

Cho regard to Van Pelt and they laugh

Lisbon: My sincere apologies for our operative Jane, by the way. Unconscionable. Supervising agent Minelli gave him a severe reprimand.

Bennett: Well, think nothing of it. I can't tell you how sad I am about all this. How can I help?

Jane: I'll try and be brief. You were Sands' lawyer. You had to have known he was in ruinous debt.

Bennett: Yeah, I knew there were difficulties, but I had no idea how deep he was in it. I don't deal in his business affairs. I'm his family lawyer, so I look after his personal financial matters, which until recently, were in pretty good shape.

Lisbon: Yeah, two weeks ago, he converted a $10 million pension account into cash. It's pretty much all he had.

Lisbon talks to Bennett

Bennett: Which is his right. I learned about it after the fact from his accountants. It's a huge withdrawal, but, uh, of course, I figured he had much more in reserve.

Lisbon: Did you ask him what he was doing with the money?

Bennett: I did. He told me he needed it to surprise his wife.

Lisbon: He did that all right.

Bennett (He laugh): I believed him.

Lisbon: What do you believe now?

Bennett: I think he was looking at jail time. I think he grabbed as much cash as he could, and he was gonna run away.

Lisbon: Thanks for your help, counselor. We'll be in touch

Bennett: Okay. Whatever you need, I'm at your service.

In the CBI

Van Pelt: Hey. We found out where that money was coming from. Sands owns an office supply company that supplies this Happy Landings Entertainment with copy paper. Over the last 2 years, $55.2 million worth.

Lisbon: Who owns Happy Landings Entertainment?

Van Pelt: It's a shell company hidden in a swiss trust wrapped in a dummy corporation. It'll take a while to untangle. But Sands' company? It's the only one of his businesses under a separate corporate address.

Lisbon: In Sausalito?

Van Pelt: Odd, huh?

Lisbon: Nice work.

Van Pelt: Are we gonna have a look?

Lisbon: We are. You're gonna stay here and keep digging. Who owns Happy Landings Entertainment?

Sausalito, the port

Cho: Huh. Doesn't look like a copy paper business, does it?

Jane: Uh, no.

Lisbon: This is it. You coming aboard?

Jane: Why not?

Cho: If Sands lied about this, what else did he cover up?

They go in the boat

Lisbon: The place is trashed.

They take g*ns out

Jane: I'm—i'm just gonna wait on—on the jetty.

He turns round and a woman points a g*n at him

Woman: Who are you?

Jane: Patrick Jane, CBI. Don't sh**t.

Woman: What's that, CBI?

Lisbon: Police. Lay the g*n down.

Woman: Show me the badge.

Cho: Put the g*n down!

Lisbon show his badge

Woman: Okay, police. I make no trouble. No problem.

Jane: Who'd you think we were?

Woman: Nobody.

Lisbon: Who are you? What are you looking for?

Woman: This is my boat. I can do what I like

Lisbon: Yeah, it's very nice, very put together. This boat belongs to Jason Sands.

Woman: Yes. And Jason Sands is my fiance.

CBI, interrogation room

Van Pelt: Adrianna, we can charge you right now with burglary, Vandalism, as*ault with a deadly w*apon. That's 10 to 15 right there. Wouldn't you rather talk to us about your situation?

Adrianna: From you, I buy cookies I don't talk about situation.

Van Pelt: Listen. We have enough—

Lisbon sends Van Pelt to get a coffee. Jane sits in her chair

Adrianna: The handsome one. Gay, yes?

He laughs

Lisbon: This is a m*rder investigation. You've got no alibi for the time frame in question. We're looking at you as a suspect. You should take this a little more seriously.

Adrianna: You know, when I was this big, (She show with her hands) I was in a detention camp for two years. You understand?

Lisbon: I understand.

Adrianna: No, you don't. That was serious. This—no.

Lisbon: What do you do for a living?

Adrianna: I dance, model, acting.

Lisbon: Is that a good living?

Adrianna: What's good?

Jane: How long were you and Jason Sands lovers?

Adrianna: Two years. We were— we were more than lovers. We were engaged to be married.

Jane: He was already married.

Adrianna: No, he was divorcing her.

Lisbon: She doesn't know that.

Adrianna: Oh, sure, she does. Why would she tell you? It's embarrassing. He doesn't want her anymore. It is embarrassing.

Jane: What were you looking for?

Adrianna: And we loved each other.

Lisbon: You loved each other. We hear that. What were you looking for on the boat?

Adrianna: Jason bought $10 million of diamonds for when we would run away. I was looking for them.

Jane: When did he buy them?

Adrianna: A month ago. Once he showed me them. They are beautiful. (She laughes) And then he hid them somewhere. I don't know where.

Lisbon: You were gonna run away?

Adrianna: Jason knew that it was the end of the road here. He was going to jail or going to get k*lled, so we make a plan. We are going, to, uh, run away in the sailboat.

Lisbon: You and him on a sailboat.

Adrianna: No, he was a good sailor. He teach me. If, um, those bastards didn't k*ll him, maybe me and him and Julie would be in Tahiti, rich, instead of here with you.

Jane: Y-you were gonna take Julie?

Lisbon: What bastards. You know who k*lled him?

Adrianna: Yeah, sure , I know

Jane: Tell us

Adrianna: If I tell you, I leave here now. You drop this burglary stupidness. I don't testify. Nothing. I give you names. That's it.

Lisbon: Deal.

Adrianna: These, um, scum pigs run nightclubs. Jason cleans their, uh, drug and, um, girl money for them. It's this money he uses to buy the diamonds.

Lisbon: Did they have a company called Happy Landings Entertainment out of Oakland?

Adrianna: I don't know. They live in Oakland.

Lisbon: These people have names?

Adrianna: Dieter Webb and Carter Lewis. Scum pigs.

Jane: Scum pigs.

End of interrogation
Cho: Dieter and Carter— started out as college deejays. Nightlife impresarios is what they say they are. They own clubs, restaurants, boutique hotels up and down the west coast. dr*gs and prostitution started as a natural sideline, then became their core business.

Lisbon: Did we find 'em?

Cho: These guys like to glide under the radar. According to official records, they own no property and live nowhere. Their only address is a p.O. Box. Working with San Francisco and Oakland P.D. As we speak.

Rigsby: You're letting her go

Lisbon: She gave us Dieter and Carter. I could charge her with waving a g*n at Jane, but what for?

Rigsby: I don't know, boss. If ever I saw a woman who could use pliers and a lit cigar on a man, that's her.

Jane: Miss Jonovic, a moment

Lisbon: Jane, tell her not to leave town.

He leaves

Jane: You said you and Jason were planning on leaving with Julie.

Adrianna: Yes.

Jane: You didn't mind taking the kid?

Adrianna: No. I love Julie. Me and her are good friends.

Jane: You were gonna take her away from her own mother?

Adrianna: Yes.

Jane: Oh, that seems a cruel thing to do. Depends. She is a cold person—Jennifer. She doesn't care so much about Julie. She pretends, but she doesn't really. Tell me something. Do you think, uh, Jennifer has my diamonds?

Jane: I don't know. Maybe.

Adrianna: Maybe? Did you ask her?

He gets ready to leave

Jane: Don't leave town.

Adrianna: As you like.

Jane returns with the team

Rigsby: So love and affection, huh?

Jane: That's it.

Rigsby: Where you going?

Jane: To speak to the widow.

Lisbon: Oh, yeah?

Jane: I want to know if she knows about the mistress.

Sands' Residence

Jennifer: Do you have children, Patrick?

Jane: No.

Jennifer: They are the greatest gift.

Jane: Yes, they are. Put a little bit of ginger in it. Hey, it's been bothering the hell of out of me. "Peter & the wolf"— Is the duck a flute or a bassoon? I cannot remember.

Jennifer: Oh, um, a-a bassoon, I think.

Jane: Never mind. Trivia. Listen, I have good news, and I have bad news.

In CBI

Cho: Dieter Webb's grandmother is 93 and lives in a seniors' assisted living center in Tucson, has for a decade, but she—

Lisbon: Let me guess. She's leasing a high-end vehicle and recently bought a nice house in oakland.

Cho: You're good.

Lisbon: Get Rigsby and Van Pelt on it.

Sands' Residence

Jennifer: $10 million?

Jane: Yes, just as you suspected, a very healthy nest egg.

Jennifer: Oh, that's wonderful. We have to find it.

Jane: Wouldn't be a bad idea.

Jennifer: Where should we start?

Jane: I don't know.

Jennifer: You found the safe room in a moment. You must be terribly clever at that kind of thing, finding things.

Jane: I could try. But, Jennifer, that was the good news.

Jennifer: Okay. Bad news?

Jane: We talked to a woman who appears to have been Jason's mistress.

Jennifer: I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

Jane: I'm sorry. You didn't know about her?

Jennifer: No. What's she like? H-how old is she?

Jane: Mid '20s, eastern european, tough.

Jennifer: Good-looking?

Jane: Not bad.

Jennifer: Does she have the money?

Jane: Strong possibility.

Jennifer: Life is so complicated. Patrick? Will you hold me? I need someone to hold me. Please.

Jane: I'm sorry, Jennifer. I wish I could.

She leaves. Oakland, Van Pelt and Rigsby watch the owner of night club's house.

Rigsby: Where's the entry team? They were supposed to be here 20 minutes ago.

Van Pelt: Relax. Guys like these probably aren't even out of bed yet.

Rigsby: Could be up from the night before maybe went out for some breakfast.

Van Pelt: We can deal with 'em.

Rigsby: Suddenly she's Steve McQueen. (She laughes)

Owner comes out of the house

Rigsby: They're on the move.

Van Pelt: Come on. Let's take 'em.

They get in the car. Rigsby moves

Rigsby: Police! Get out of the car!

Van Pelt: Hands up!

Rigsby: Get out of the car!

Van Pelt: Get out!

Carter: Whoa, whoa.

Rigsby: Take it easy, man. Come on. Nice and easy. Up against the car. Up against the car.

Rigsby is disracted by a women and her children. Dieter runs away

Rigsby: Freeze!

Van Pelt (To Carter) : Hands behind your head.

Rigsby runs after Dieter. He tries to climb a gate but Rigsby stops him

Rigsby: Hands. Give me your hands! Let's go.

A little girl makes a sign to Van Pelt:

Van Pelt (To the girl): Hi. (To Carter) Let's go. Let's go.

In CBI, interrogation room. Behind colored window, Jane, Lisbon and Minelli.

Cho: You don't want to talk to me, Dieter?

Dieter: I've got nothing to say. Call my lawyer.

Cho: What do you know about Jason Sands?

Dieter: I know he's dead.

Cho: How much did he take from you?

Dieter: How much what?

Cho: We estimate he stole around $10 million from you. Is that about right?

Dieter: Me and my partner, we host parties. I'm doing good, but not that good. $10 million. Jason didn't steal anything from me.

Cho: You and Carter broke into his house, and you tortured him to death because he stole from you.

Dieter: Look, dude, I know people that know how to do that stuff. You know what I'm saying? If it was us that tortured him, we'd have the money right now, and he'd have his life. I wouldn't k*ll him.

Cho: What money?

Dieter: Oh, (he laughes) you caught me there. The imaginary money you said he stole from us. Somebody got there before us.

Cho: An imaginary somebody.

Dieter: You want my opinion? Now this isn't snitching. It's just an opinion. Write this down. Adrianna Jonovic. She's a crazy armenian dancer that Jason was tapping.

Cho: Why?

Dieter: She's a mercenary bitch. She made Jason's life misery and made him like it. She used to work for us, so I know whereof I speak. You should check her out.

Behind the window

Lisbon: The other one, Lewis, has the same line.

They leave

Lisbon: There were class "a" dr*gs all over his house, so we can hold him as long as it takes.

Minelli: And Jonovic?

Lisbon: I think she's clean on this one, but we can bring her back in just to be safe.

Jane's cellphone is ringing

Minelli: Well, don't let up on 'em. We need a result here.

Jane: (To Lisbon)Mrs. Sands. (He pick up) Oh.

Jennifer: Patrick, she's gone. She's gone. Th-they—they took her! My baby is gone!

Jane: It's okay. It's okay. W-we'll be right there.

In the bed, there is a paper: "You know that we want: Not call police and wait our call."

Sands' Residence

Van Pelt: So you think the guys from Oakland are behind this?

Rigsby: Just 'cause they're in custody doesn't mean they couldn't have arrananged this.

Jennifer: You said the men my husband stole from are behind bars.

Lisbon: They are.

Jennifer: Then if they didn't do this, who did?

Lisbon: I assure you we're doing everything we can to find Julie. The note left said you knew what they wanted.

Jennifer: The money, obviously. We have to find the money. I have to give them what they want.

Inspector: Why would they think you have it?

Jennifer: I don't—i-i don't know. You have to find my baby.

Lisbon: We're trying, Mrs. Sands. CBI is working in conjunction with federal agents

Jennifer: Look, I don't care about any of that. (To Patrick) Look, you have to find my little girl. Please.

Interrogation Room

Dieter: What are you talking about, steal a kid? I've been locked up in this place.

Cho: You have friends, remember?

Dieter: So you think that I'd be ass enough to hire somebody to do it while I'm in here?

CBI, the team and Jennifer Sands are at the meeting table

Lisbon: Dieter has a point. He and Carter are bad guys, but they're not mafia. They don't have that kind of reach.

Rigsby: Or those kind of stones.

Van Pelt: We're up. The kidnappers just i.M.'ed Jennifer's cell phone.

Jane: Say yes. Say yes and tell 'em I'll bring it to them.

Lisbon: What? No.

Jane: It's okay. I know where the money is, honestly. Say yes.

Jane waits in the car and talks with the CBI

Jane: Still awake?

Lisbon: Wide. Jane, be careful. Don't try and get them to say anything or stop them. All we need is their phone.

Cho: Just sent us the number. We'll track the kidnapper's address.

Jane: Oh, here comes someone.

Lisbon: Jane, just do your mind games and get out of there, okay?

Jane: Don't worry, mom.

A woman enters the car. It's Adrianna, she has g*n

Adrianna: This better not be a trap. I will k*ll you. Give me the diamonds.

Jane: Oh, Adrianna, you're going down the wrong road. Kidnapping is—

Adrianna: I'm not a kidnapper. You think I want to do this? I have to do this. I don't want Julie to die.

Jane: Tell me what's going on. I can—i can help you.

Adrianna: I don't know you. I don't trust you. Just give me the diamonds.

Jane: Okay. Where's Julie?

Adrianna: I call a number, tell them I have the diamonds, they give Julie.

Jane: (He takes water and drink) Call them.

Adrianna: How do I know those are real diamonds?

Jane: They look real to me. Here. (He show the diamonds) Why don't you have a look? You've seen them before. Here. (He gives the diamonds at her and her gives the cellphone. She wants looks the diamonds but the g*n is annoying . She try gives his at Jane) Oh, I'm sorry. (He takes g*n and he gives the water) It's okay.

Lisbon: Scan's working. No, this—this... This is not the diamonds.

Jane: No, plastic. (To CBI) Forwarding the last number dialed.

She tries to take the phone

Jane: Whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Adrianna: You son of a whore.

Cho: Signal on that phone is coming from an apartment building in the Presidio. All units move in.

Adrianna: They will k*ll Julie now.

Jane: Who is "they"?

Adrianna: I don't know. They call me. They send pictures to my phone of—of Julie tied up. They say I must give them Jason's money, or she dies. I don't have Jason's money.

Jane: Did they ask for Jason's money or did they ask for diamonds?

Adrianna: For money.

Jane: Then they're not gonna hurt Julie If you're telling me the truth.

Adrianna: No if. I am telling the truth.

Cho, Van Pelt, Rigsby and Adrianna are at the kidnapper's house. Adrianna knocks at the door. Somebody opens

Rigsby: Get back.

Van Pelt: Police!

Rigsby: Police!

Cho: Freeze!

Rigsby: Drop the w*apon! Drop the g*n!

Cho: Drop it right now!

Van Pelt:: Put down the w*apon!

Everybody: Drop the w*apon!

Julie arrives

Van Pelt: Watch the kid!

Somebody sh**t

To Hospital

Minelli: So far what I know is you guys shot and grievously wounded a prominent and a very well-liked member of the San Francisco bar. What's going on? In simple, declarative sentences.

Lisbon: Bennett's our man. He k*lled Jason Sands for $10 million in diamonds, kidnapped Julie Sands for the same reason. Either the widow or the mistress acted as his accomplice.

Minelli: Which one?

Jane: We're trying to nail that down now. If Bennett makes it, he could tell us, but it doesn't look like he will, so we're gonna need a confession from his accomplice. So, um...

Minelli: What?

Lisbon: Jane has an idea. But if we generate any complaints as to how we go about this, you've got our backs, right?

Minelli: Well, that depends. Obviously, we need a win here. But i-i won't sanction anything underhanded or actionable.

Lisbon: That's kind of vague.

Minelli: The whole point of this unit is—is subtly and discretion and judgment. I expect you to do what's right without dragging me into it.

Lisbon: Really?

Minelli: Yes, yes, Lisbon. Of course. If I'm forced to it, I have your back. I'm insulted you need to ask.

In the hall, Adrianna, Cho and Van Pel wait. Jennifer arrives

Jennifer: Where is she? Where is she? Is she okay?

Van Pelt: Yes. She's a little in shock, but physically she's fine. Not a scratch. Doctors just want to make sure.

Jennifer: Mm.

Adrianna: Hello, Jennifer.

Jennifer: Adrianna? This is a surprise. (To Van Pelt) What's she doing here? Shouldn't she be in jail?

Van Pelt: Uh, out on bond, ma'am.

Jennifer: So quickly?

Adrianna: I screw better lawyers than you.

Jennifer: You've obviously led a very sad and difficult life to be so twisted. Truly, Adrianna, you have my sympathy.

Adrianna: You stupid cow...

Van Pelt: Cho, let's move.

Cho: Oh, hey. What was that name again?

Van Pelt: What name?

Cho: The one that Jane thought was so important.

Van Pelt: Wendy.

Cho: Right, Wendy. Do either of you know a woman named Wendy?

No.

Cho: No? Shame. She'd be worth knowing. (He laughes)

Van Pelt: Cho.

Cho: What?

Van Pelt: Excuse his levity, ma'am.

Adrianna: This Wendy person— she has the diamonds?

Van Pelt: It's a possibility.

Jennifer: Diamonds?

Van Pelt: By the way, your friend Mr. Bennett is coming along nicely. I expect we'll be talking to him shortly. So if there's anything you want to pass along...

Adrianna: But this other police said that he was a dead man

Jennifer: Yeah, they said he was dying.

Van Pelt: No. No, he'll live.

They leave

Lisbon: How'd it go?

Van Pelt: I think we sold it.

Cho: Are you kidding? We k*lled.

Van Pelt: Yeah.

They clap hands

Rigsby: Well, Jane says give it a moment, let it play itself out.

Rigsby goes to the hall but there is nobody

Rigsby (He takes his phone): It's empty. They're both gone.

Lisbon: Really? Both? (She call Jane) Jane, nobody's there. Come on.

She and Cho go to Julie's bedroom. Adrianna is there.

Adrianna: It's okay, baby. Everything going to be good now. Everything's good. Hmm?

Julie: Where have you been?

Sand's residence, Jennifer running. She goes to her daughter's bedroom. She searches in Julie's toybox

Jennifer: Damn! Damn! Damn!

Jane: What are you looking for?

Jennifer: You know what I'm looking for.

Jane: I'm pretty certain Wendy Sands had purple hair. You may want to call a lawyer now.

Jennifer: Why? What for?

Jane: Don't make this difficult, Jennifer. Bennett told us everything.

Jennifer: Nicely done. You made me think Adrianna had the money, and you made her think I had the money. Clever.

Jane: Thank you. Coming from a fine actress like yourself, I'm... I'm flattered.

Jennifer: Is it really in diamonds, or is that just part of the trick?

Jane: No trick. Diamonds. Do you know where?

Jennifer: I do. Tell me.

Jane: Tell me what happened, and I'll tell you where they are.

Jennifer: This whole time, you were just playing me.

Jane: Not the whole time.

Jennifer: That's so sad. I... Thought we had a real connection.

Jane: We did.

Jennifer: We can again.

Jane: No, we can't.

Jennifer: You know, i... I never meant for this to happen.

Jane: I know.

Jennifer: It was Bennett. He forced me into this. He—he planned the whole thing.

Jane: No, Bennett is an idiot that thinks he's in control, but you played him like a violin, with those big eyes and those trembling lips. It's a dynamite act. You had me buying it. If only you'd told me the duck was an oboe, I probably would've told you where the diamonds were, and we likely never would've solved this one.

Jennifer: The duck was an oboe?

Jane: Yeah. "peter and the wolf." The duck is played by the oboe. The wolf is a bassoon. The flute is the songbird. Anyone who's seen it knows that. But you didn't. You didn't go to "Peter and the wolf." You stayed home and tortured your husband to make him give you his running away money.

Jennifer: Running away with my daughter and $10 million and that dirty whore. And leave me with nothing?! I don't think so. How do you think it feels that my daughter prefers her father's whore over me? That she loves her more than her own mother? How do you think that feels?!

Jane: I'm sure it hurts.

Jennifer: I always knew there was a safe in that room, but he would never tell me where or what the combination was. And I had a real breakthrough insight. I realized... That was our whole marriage— Withholding. Withholding, always withholding. Whatever it was that I needed most from Jason... That's what he refused to give me. (She cries, we listen the police arrives) Tell me. Where are they? The diamonds.

Flashback, Jane and Julie in the bedroom

Jane: Very nice room.

Julie: My daddy made it for me.

End of flashback. Jane looks at the lamp. We see the diamonds.

Front of the residence

Lisbon: When did you first suspect it was her?

Jane: Oh, I had an idea at the funeral service.

Rigsby: No, you did not.

Jane: I did. I did. She, uh, she was looking way too good. No wife should glow at her husband's funeral.

Lisbon: So you made that bet with Rigsby that you could seduce her with the deliberate intention of snaring her?

Jane: I wanted to win the bet, too, and, uh... I couldn't. Just because I lost doesn't mean you shouldn't take my advice.

Rigsby: Yeah, yeah, hush.

Jane: I'm serious, man. Go for it.

Jane and Cho leave. Rigsby and Van Pet are alone

Van Pelt: What's he talking about?

Rigsby: Nothing.