02x18 - Aingavite Baa

Complete collection of episode transcripts for seasons 1 - 7. Aired: September 2008 to February 2015.*

Moderator: Maggiemay19

Watch/Buy Amazon  Merchandise

A famous "psychic" outs himself as a fake and starts working as a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation so he can find "Red John," the madman who k*lled his wife and daughter.

02x18 - Aingavite Baa

Post by bunniefuu »

CBI Office

(Cho, sitting in his office serves tea)

(Hightower, Cho, Van Pelt, Rigsby)

Hightower: Agents?

Cho: Ma'am.

Rigsby: Agent Hightower.

Hightower (on phone): Yeah. All right. Narcotics needs help getting intel on a meth house in the southwest. I said I could spare two of you.

Rigsby: Sure. We'll get it.

Hightower: Van Pelt and Cho.

Cho: What's the job?

Ext. Night.

(Cho and Van Pelt)

(they cross the street, go to a trash bag and retrieve its contents)

Van Pelt: It's hard to believe there's intel in these.

Cho: There better be. It's dripping on my feet.

Van Pelt: Hightower knows about Rigsby and me.

(they put the trash bags in the trunk of their car)

Cho: Noticed that.

Van Pelt: She knows, but she hasn't said anything. Why do you think that is?

Cho: No idea.

Van Pelt: If you could guess.

Cho: I wouldn't.

Van Pelt: I can't stop thinking about it.

Cho: That's just gonna get you in trouble.

(Cho starts the car, in the headlights is seen a blond woman who appears lost)

Blonde Woman: Can you help me? Can you help me?

(Van Pelt and Cho descendent de voiture)

Cho: What happened to you?

Blonde Woman: I lost my shoe. Can you tell me where I am?

Cho: I'm, I'm gonna call this in, all right?

Van Pelt: Ma'am. Ma'am.

Blonde Woman: Can you...

Van Pelt: Okay. All right. We're gonna get you some medical attention. Come on.

Blonde Woman: Okay.

Van Pelt: Come over here and sit down.

Blonde Woman: Okay.

Van Pelt: What's your name? Ma'am? Ma'am?

(Jane arrives in his car and gets out)

Jane: Grace.

Van Pelt: Hey. She said she can't remember who she is, where she came from or what happened. No I. D. Nothing on her at all.

Jane: Where's Lisbon?

Van Pelt: She's on her way. E. M.T. S think the b*llet grazed the victim's head. I thought we should talk to her here. She lost her shoe, so she couldn't have walked far. The crime scene's probably nearby.

(they approach the stretcher where the blonde woman is being cared for)

Jane: Good thinking.

Van Pelt: So should we wait for Lisbon or...

Jane: Na. (to the blonde woman) Hi. I'm Patrick Jane. How you doing?

Blonde Woman: My head hurts. I don't remember who I am.

Jane (rubs his hands to warm them up): Hold my hand. 'm gonna try and help with the pain. Okay, I want you to concentrate and let the pain flow out through your arm and into my hand. Just let it flow, like water. Ah, I can feel it. Can you feel that?

Blonde Woman: Yes.

Jane: Can you feel it flowing?

Blonde Woman: Yeah.

Jane: The pain is flowing away. Tell me your name. Don't reach. Just wait for it.

Blonde Woman: I can't.

Jane: Ah, that's okay. That's okay. What were you doing this morning, before you got hurt?

Blonde Woman: I can't.

Jane: It's okay. Don't worry. Tonight, then, before my friends found you, what were you doing?

Blonde Woman: I, I was in a room. It's cold.

Jane: Can you see anything?

Blonde Woman: It's, it's too dark.

Jane: Were you sitting in a chair or were you lying down?

Blonde Woman: Lying down.

Jane: On the floor or on the bed?

Blonde Woman: On the floor. There's... dirt and straw. It makes me cough.

Jane: What does it smell like?

Blonde Woman: Horses.

Jane: That's fantastic. Grace?

Van Pelt: Yeah. We're looking for a stable.

Jane: Yeah.

[ EXT. Night ]

Near a barn

(Lisbon, Van Pelt, Jane, Cho)

Van Pelt: Her shoe.

Jane: Yeah, that's her shoe.

(about to enter the barn)

Hum, okay.

(whispers): Guys, there's a light switch right here.

(turns on the light)

(three bodies are lying on the ground)

Credits

INT. Hospital

(Doctor, Van Pelt, Lisbon, Jane, Jane Doe)

Doctor: The b*llet creased her skull. It didn't fracture the bone, but a hit like that can knock you around something wicked. She could have been unconscious for a while.

Van Pelt: sh**t probably thought she was dead and dumped her with the other bodies.

Lisbon: What about the amnesia?

Doctor: I don't know what to tell you. Retrograde amnesiausually recedes with time, but I don't know how fast that'll happen.

In the blond woman's hospital room.

(Jane Doe, Jane who's playing a guessing game returns a card to the pack)

Jane: Okay, what I want you to do is just focus on the queen. Here's the lady. Now you saw where she is. There's the lady. Okay. Now tell me... Where's the queen?

(Jane Doe shows a card) Wrong. First boy you ever kissed.

Jane Doe: I don't know.

Jane: What's your first name?

Jane Doe: I don't know. I'm sorry.

Jane: Look, there she was. She was always there. Right in the middle.

Lisbon (enters the room followed by Van Pelt): And the point it?

Jane: Oh, I'm just making sure she has amnesia, which, by the way, you do. It's hard to lie when you're thinking about something else.

Jane Doe: Great.

Lisbon: We're checking our missing persons database, then we'll run your prints. Something'll probably come up. (Answers phone. To Van Pelt.) Find somebody to come in and print her.

Van Pelt: Okay.

Lisbon (on phone to Jane): Agent Hightower.

Hightower (from his office at the CBI): Morning, Lisbon. As soon as it's practical, I want to see you, Van Pelt and Rigsby in my office.

Hightower's Office

(Hightower, Lisbon, Van Pelt, Rigsby)

Hightower: I've been meaning to address this issue for a while, but there's been so much coming across my desk, I haven't had the time. First off, neither of you is denying you're in a sexual relationship? Are you?

Van Pelt: No.

Rigsby: No, ma'am.

Hightower: You work together, you develop feelings. Nothing wrong with that. But you know very well it's against CBI rules, and like I tell my kids, rules are rules. If you want to stay together, that's your choice. But one of you has to transfer out of the unit. If you both want to stay in the unit, then you can't be together. That's what it is. Give me your decision tomorrow at the latest. Questions?

Rigsby: No.

Van Pelt: No, ma'am.

Hightower: Okay.

(Van Pelt and Rigsby leave the office, Lisbon is about to follow)

Hightower: Lisbon, stay a moment. Why didn't you handle this situation yourself?

Lisbon: I won't defend what I did, ma'am...

Hightower: I understand these two sneaking around, but you're their superior. I expect more. I'll be writing a corrective memo. That's it. Thank you for your time.

(Lisbon leaves the office)

Team office

(Cho, Jane, arrive Van Pelt, Rigsby followed by Lisbon)

(Jane is drinking a cup of tea sitting on the couch)

Rigsby: Don't want to talk about it.

Lisbon: Cho, where are we with the victims?

Cho: I verified the two I. D.s we found at the scene. Janine and Mitchell Langham from Chico, Both in their 50s, no family in state. Neighbor said that they were hiking in Kasten State forest.

Lisbon: That's 100 miles from where we found them. Well, what about the third victim?

Cho: Same as the Jane Doe. No I. D. Of any kind. The coroner says he's in his early 20s. I put his prints into the system.

Lisbon: Van Pelt, did you get any hits on them? Van Pelt?

Van Pelt: Uh, I'll check. I'll check.

Cho: The coroner thinks that they were shot with a high-powered r*fle, the Langhams up close, our Jane Doe and the unidentified male from a distance.

Lisbon: Do either of the Langhams have a record?

Cho: No.

Jane: I think we can set the Langhams aside. I think they were by-products, weren't planned.

Lisbon: Oh?

Jane: Yeah. The first two victims were shot from a distance, I. D.s were taken. Two victims were shot up-close. I. D.S were not taken. Clearly, the first two victims were the targets.

Cho: And when the langhams roll up to the scene, wrong place, wrong time.

Jane: k*ller sh**t the Langhams, freaks out. Doesn't bother to take their I. D.S. doesn't even notice that one of the first victims that he shot was only wounded.

Van Pelt: We got a hit on the male victim's prints. His name's Leonard Railton, Native American, lived on the Storm River Reservation.

Rigsby: That's right next to the state forest.

Van Pelt: Oh, he's been in and out of the system since his early teens, mostly small stuff, a couple of drug busts. No family listed. His emergency contact is his parole officer.

Lisbon: Go and go show Jane Doe a picture of Leonard and the Langhams. It's worth a shot.

Van Pelt: Okay.

Lisbon: You guys check out the trail that the Langhams were hiking. It sounds like something's going on up there. (to Jane) Let's go talk to Railton's P. O.

Jane (to Lisbon, squeamishly): Hey. There's no point in hiding your frustration with Hightower. I mean, sooner or later, you're just gonna explode with suppressed rage.

Lisbon: With any luck, you'll be next to me.

Jane: Well, that's what I'm worried about.

CBI Corridors

(Rigsby, Van Pelt)

Rigsby: Grace. You okay?

Van Pelt: Sure. No. You?

Rigsby: This is a good thing, okay? No more sneaking around. We get to decide what we wanna do.

Van Pelt: Do we know what that is?

Rigsby: Let's just get through the day, and then tonight, we'll open up a bottle of wine and we'll talk, okay?

Van Pelt: Yeah. Sounds good. I love you.

Rigsby: I love you.

(They kiss, Hightower sees them)

In the probation officer's office

(Lisbon, Jane, Dolores Brinton)

Dolores Brinton: I thought Leonard had a chance, you know? Good kid. Really trying not to repeat old mistakes.

Lisbon: How long were you Leonard's parole officer, Ms. Brinton?

Dolores Brinton: A little over a year.

Lisbon: He have any family we should speak to?

Dolores Brinton: No, Leonard didn't have anybody. But his mother was Shoshone, grew up on the Reservation. That's why I got him to move there after he was released.

Jane: Why the Reservation?

Dolores Brinton: Leonard needed people in his life who cared about him. He could get that there. It's a small community, not too well-off, but tight.

Jane: Do you live there?

Dolores Brinton: Mm-hmm. My father's clan is from there. I'm Shoshone.

Jane: Shoshone, uh with a New York Italian/Irish thing going on, if I'm not mistaken by the accent. Is that from your mother's side?

Dolores Brinton: I'm not the first person who needed time to figure out who she was.

Jane: Hum.

Lisbon: Were there any indications that Leonard was doing anything illegal?

Dolores Brinton: No. He had some problems when he first got there, but. (Jane examines a statue of an Indian in Dolores' office) About six months ago, he settled down, got a job, had a girlfriend in the valley.

Lisbon: What was her name?

Dolores Brinton: Derrien Hopwood. I met her a couple of times. No record. Good influence, I thought.

Lisbon (she shows a picture of Jane Doe, Jane approaches Dolores): Is this her?

Dolores Brinton: Uh... No, I don't know this woman.

Jane: Positive?

Dolores Brinton: I said no.

Jane: I got it.

(Lisbon snatches the photo from Jane's hands)

Lisbon: Does Leonard have any friends on the reservation we should talk to?

Dolores Brinton: You're going on the rez?

Jane: Yeah.

Dolores Brinton: Will the tribal police be with you?

Lisbon: Oh, they're aware of the investigation. We'll keep them in the loop.

Dolores Brinton: I should go with you.

Lisbon: Oh, that's not necessary.

Dolores Brinton: As far as some of them are concerned, you're foreigners, foreigners with badges. You won't get anything. I'll get my coat.

Jane: Excellent. Well, we got ourselves a native guide.

Lisbon: Yes.

Ext. Daytime. Mountains half covered with snow. In the forest.

(Cho, Rigsby, Ranger Tisdale)

Rigsby: Janine and Mitchell Langham. Ring any bells?

Ranger Tisdale: No, but I don't really meet people unless they're in trouble.

Cho: Well, these people got into trouble. Been any reports of crime on the trails? Robberies, assaults?

Ranger Tisdale: No, just, you know, raccoons, birds, deer, rattlesnakes, bear.

Rigsby: Well, I don't think a bear shot four people with a high-powered r*fle.

Ranger Tisdale: No, bears can't do that.

Rigsby: Their neighbor said the Langhams would've walked the morningstar trail. Huh.

Ranger Tisdale: Morningstar is not one of our more popular trails. (responds to a call from his walkie-talkie) Excuse me. I got, uh...Uh, Tisdale, stand by one.

(to Rigsby and Cho) Look, I gotta go. I gotta go up the hill there. We have an animal control issue.

Rigsby: Well, we need to check out that trail.

Ranger Tisdale: Okay, uh... Okay, the trailhead is right over there. You just stay on the path. When you get to the fork, you go to the left, okay? Just stay to the left. You'll be fine.

Rigsby: Got it. Left. Thanks.

(Cho and Rigsby leave him alone in the forest)

INT. Daytime. In Jane Doe's hospital room.

(Jane Doe, Van Pelt)

(Jane Doe looks at pictures of Janine and Mitchell Langham)

Jane Doe: I don't recognize any of them.

Van Pelt: Take your time. Think about it.

Jane Doe: I have. These people are all dead, right?

Van Pelt: Yes. There's one piece of good news. We ran you through the fingerprints database. You're not there.

Jane Doe: How is that good news?

Van Pelt: It means you're not a criminal... or you're a very, very good one.

(shows him a photo of Leonard)

Jane Doe: How's it going with the, um... missing persons thing?

Van Pelt: Well, no one's filed a missing persons report fitting your description yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Jane Doe: Look, you had a job to do, and you did it. Thanks. You don't have to stay.

Van Pelt: I'll stick around.

Jane Doe: Okay. Thanks.

In the forest

(Cho and Rigsby)

Rigsby: I've got a lot of time invested here, but if she leaves, we're into this whole sexism thing of whose job is more important. Like I said, it's complicated.

Cho: No, it isn't.

Rigsby: What?

Cho: Which do you want more, job or Van Pelt?

Rigsby: What? It, it's not that easy.

Cho: Sure it is. This is the fork, right?

Rigsby: No, we, we took the fork.

Cho: No, I don't think that was the fork. I think this is the fork.

Rigsby: Well, whatever. Go left. It's not that simple.

Cho: Job or Van Pelt. All there is to it.

In the Indian reservation, Lisbon's car arrives

(Lisbon, Dolores, Jane)

Dolores Brinton: The rec center's the community gathering spot. Leonard used to come here.

(on the terrace of a building)

(to Lisbon) This is Joseph Silverwing. He helped to settle Leonard in here. He's on the tribal council.

(the man came to meet them) Joseph, these are the detectives from CBI I called you about.

Lisbon (shakes hands with Joseph Silverwing): Teresa Lisbon. Hi.

Jane (also shakes hands with Joseph): Patrick Jane.

Lisbon: We're investigating the m*rder of Leonard Railton. Can you tell us anything about him?

Joseph Silverwing: He's a good kid. Worked hard. Stayed out of trouble.

Lisbon: We heard he had a job.

Joseph Silverwing: Down at, uh, Markham Willis's place.

Dolores Brinton: It's a souvenir shop just off the reservation.

Lisbon: Was Leonard having any problems?

Joseph Silverwing: No.

Lisbon: Did you hear about any arguments or fights?

Lisbon: Money problems? Health issues?

Jane (aside to Dolores): You're right. You really are opening things up here.

(he departs)

Lisbon: Do you know about any relationships He was having off the reservation maybe?

(Jane enters the building, young people are playing pool)

Jane (addressing the young people playing): Nice shot. Did you guys know Leonard Railton? I'll take that as a yes. I'm trying to find the person who k*lled him. Do you want to help me with that?

(He picks up a red ball) Don't all speak at once. Who's gonna talk first?

Youngster with long hair & blue and green striped t-shirt: We don't talk to po-po.

Jane: Po-po? I like that. But I'm not po-po. I'm a po-po consultant. How about this? I bet that I can sink a ball before your best player can, and he can have three chances to my one, and if I lose... 50 bucks. Huh? But, if I win, you tell me about Leonard. We got a deal? Great. Who's your sharpsh**ter?

(he addresses a youngster with medium-length hair and white & blue striped shirt) It's you, isn't it, shorty? Let's do this.

Youngster with medium-length hair and white & blue striped shirt: Okay.

Jane (Places the balls on the table): All right. First ball in wins. You get three chances. I get one.

Youngster with medium-length hair and white & blue striped shirt: Okay.

Jane: And by the way, that girl you're crushing on, the one in the blue sweater, it's never gonna happen. She's into the tall guy. Good luck.

Lisbon (enters): My money's on the kid.

(the youngster misses)

Jane: One.

(the youngster misses again)

Jane: Two. Last time. Good luck. Lucky last.

(misses again)

That's three. There's a hole in that ball. Here's the hard part.

Jane (succeeds): Oooooh! Schooled ya.

(seated at a table with youths) Okay, so, uh, what was Leonard's story?

Youngster with mid-length hair and white & blue striped shirt: He had money. A lot of it.

Youngster with long length hair and blue & green striped shirt: Always had the newest kicks.

Jane: Since when?

Youngster with mid-length hair and white & blue striped shirt: Like, six months ago.

Jane: Well, I heard he had a job.

Youngster with mid-length hair and white & blue striped shirt: Oh, yeah. At Willis's souvenir shop? That's pennies. Leonard had money.

Jane: Any idea where that might have come from?

Youngster with mid-length hair and white & blue striped shirt: He wouldn't say. But he was out in the woods all the time, so... We figured, you know?

Jane: Yes?

Youngster with mid-length hair and white & blue striped shirt: Everybody knows what goes on in the woods.

Jane: Oh, sure. The woods.

In the forrest

(Cho, Rigsby)

Rigsby: Yeah, this is not the trail.

Cho: It's over here.

Rigsby: Are you sure? I thought I saw it over here. Water t*nk? (he looks suspiciously) Cho?!

Cho: Yeah?

Rigsby: There's a pot plant here. Actually, there's a whole bunch of pot plants here.

Cho: It looks like a farm.

Rigsby: Which means there's probably some bad guys with g*ns.

(a*t*matic g*nf*re, they shelter behind the trees)

Rigsby: No bars. So much for backup.

Cho: There's only one sh**t. You draw fire, and I'll take him from the side. Ready? One... Two... Three! Go.

(firing either side, Cho progresses towards the sh**t)

Cho: Rigsby!

Rigsby: Clear!

Cho: Got it!

INT. CBI office
(Rigsby, Lisbon, Jane, Hightower)

Rigsby: It's the kind of farm you find all over public lands, about an acre of plants, irrigation pipes everywhere.

Cho: Must be tapping into water from up the valley.

Lisbon: Did you hit the sh**t? Maybe he's in a hospital.

Cho: Didn't see any blood. I doubt it.

Lisbon: Do you think the ranger knowingly directed you toward the pot farm? Was this a setup?

Rigsby: It's hard to say. We got pretty turned around. I'm not exactly sure we were on the trail.

Lisbon: Where's the ranger now?

Cho: Up in the mountains. Supervisor saysHe's out of calling range.

Lisbon: Find out when he's back.

Hightower: So it looks like Leonard Railton was working for the pot farmers. There's a hundred ways that could turn ugly.

Jane: Meh. If Leonard was farmi the weed, he would've told his friends about it. Whatever he was doing, he felt shame or ambivalence.

Hightower: Which takes the investigation where?

Jane: Well, we haven't spoken to the girlfriend yet.

Hightower: So go do that. You two talk to narcotics. See if there's a line on marijuana players in that area.

Lisbon (to Rigsby and Cho): You heard what she said.

In the apartment of Leonard Railton and Derrien Hopwood

(Derrien Hopwood, Lisbon, Jane, a baby)

Derrien Hopwood: We weren't living together or anything, just hanging out.

Lisbon: So Leonard isn't the baby's father, Ms. Hopwood?

Derrien Hopwood: Kai's father? No.

Jane: But leonard liked your little boy, didn't he?

Derrien Hopwood: Sure. Leonard bought most of the toys here.

Jane: And this, uh... Enormous stack of infant formula.

Derrien Hopwood: Yeah, like, 1,000 bucks worth.

Jane: What's the story with that?

Derrien Hopwood: Well, it's because Kai got this rash. It was going around, you know? A couple of kids had it. He had this idea it was the powdered formula. He made me throw all the powdered out, which is crazy, 'cause it's cheaper, and it's real easy to use. All you do is add water.

Jane: How's the rash now?

Derrien Hopwood: All gone. I guess he was right.

Jane: You weren't surprised to hear about Leonard, were you? I mean, you, you cared for him, but you weren't startled to learn that he was dead.

Derrien Hopwood: He had money, and not from that lame souvenir store job. He wouldn't tell me where he was gettin' it. My experience is, that means trouble.

Lisbon: Your best guess?

Derrien Hopwood: I don't know. Whatever else he was doing... He, he was always good to me and Kai. He was a good man. You find who did this.

Lisbon: We'll do everything we can.

(Jane amuses the baby in the park)
Souvenir shop in the Indian Reservation

(Lisbon, Jane, Markham Willis)

Lisbon: Mr. Willis, how long was Leonard working here?

Markham Willis: Uh... I guess about six months. I hired him on Dolores Brinton's recommendation. He was a great kid, good worker.

Jane: Oh, yeah. That's what I'm talking about. (Jane admires himself in a mirror wearing an Indian chief headdress) Pretty great, huh? This is fantastic. D, do you deliver?

Markham Willis: As a matter of fact, we do.

Jane: All right.

Lisbon: Jane, put it back.

Jane: What?

Lisbon: You heard me. Now.

Jane: Okay. (Jane sniffs)

Lisbon: Now!

Jane: All right.

Lisbon: We think that, uh, Leonard was getting money from someplace else. Any idea what that was about?

Markham Willis: No. He never said a word about it. What was he doing?

Lisbon: We're still working on that.

Markham Willis: I can give you a deal on that bonnet. Special law enforcement discount.

Jane: Hum hum, you're not self-conscious about peddling your own culture, are you?

Markham Willis: This is not my culture. This w*r bonnet is from the Laguna people. It has nothing to do with us Shoshone. It's kind of a pastiche, really. But that's what you Americans want to buy, so that's what I sell.

Lisbon: Thank you for your time, Mr. Willis. Jane? (Jane doesn't follow Lisbon out of the store) Jane!

Jane: I'll meet you outside. (he looks at postcards, Lisbon leaves the shop) Is there some kind of service for Leonard?

Markham Willis: Tomorrow afternoon, I believe.

Jane (he has chosen a card): That's such a shame. I'm gonna take that. And I like this one, too. It's really beautiful. So that as well, and, um... This thing. (he also bought a flute decorated with feathers) I'll see if I can get a tune out of that. Just love those feathers.

INT. CBI office
(Jane lying on his couch, playing the flute)

Jane (on phone): Grace, hi. It's Jane. How's it going with Jane Doe there? She get a clue yet? Mm, didn't think so. You know, bring her down to the office. I think we're gonna have to get a little more interventionist.

INT. CBI Interrogation Room

(Jane, Van Pelt, Jane Doe)

(a postcard of a mountain river)

Van Pelt: If you start to feel dizzy or woozy or, or anything.

Jane: Grace, quit hovering. All right? She's fine.

Van Pelt: I took her out of the hospital, Jane. She's my responsibility.

Jane: I get that, but she's fine. Aren't you?

Jane Doe: What are these?

Jane: Oh, these are pictures of where you're from.

Jane Doe: I don't know where I'm from.

Jane: Sure you do. I'll lay money on the fact that you're a local. You have roots around here. You visited places like this as a kid. One of these pictures here will mean something to you.

Jane Doe: I get nothing from that.

Jane: What about this? Hmm?

Rigsby (enters the room): Grace, a minute?

Van Pelt: Oh, sure. I'll be right back.

Jane (shows another postcard): This? Just relax. Don't work so hard. Look at that. Have you ever seen a more beautiful, more peaceful place? It would be cool if I could just say the word, and you could be right there. Listening to the birds sing... The wind rustling through the trees... The water lapping against the shore. If I could just say the word.

INT. Another CBI Interrogation Room

(Rigsby, Van Pelt)

Van Pelt: Wayne, this couldn't wait?

(Rigsby embraces Van Pelt)

Rigsby: This is so simple. I love you... More than, more than this job, more than anything.

Van Pelt: You got shot at today. You're pumped full of adrenaline.

Rigsby: No, no. Well, yes, but that doesn't matter. I know what I want to do. I, uh... I talked to a guy in the San Francisco office today. There's an opening in the Major crimes Unit. It's only an hour and a half away.

Van Pelt: You mean it?

Rigsby: Please, let's just do this. I, I don't care where I work. I, I want you.

Van Pelt: You really mean it?

Rigsby: Yes, yes.

Team Office

(Rigsby, Van Pelt, Lisbon, Cho)

Lisbon (seeing Van Pelt and Rigsby arrive together): Really? Now?

Cho: Ranger Tisdale should be off the mountain in an hour, so... His bank records say he's depositing 2 grand a month over and above his salary, cash.

Lisbon: Let's go talk to him.

(Cho and Lisbon leave)

In the forrest

(Lisbon, Cho, Ranger Tisdale)

Cho: Tisdale.

Ranger Tisdale: I was gonna call you. I just heard. Pot farm. Doesn't that beat everything?

Cho: Yeah, right in your own woods.

Ranger Tisdale: Yeah. I've been hiking these trails for eight years. I had no idea. I don't know where you ended up, but you must've gotten seriously turned around.

Lisbon: That's hard to believe when the pot farmers are paying you $2,000 a month.

Ranger Tisdale: 2 th, I don't know what you're talking about.

Cho: You're gonna have to come with us.

(Ranger Tisdale kicks Cho in the stomach and runs away pursued by Lisbon and Cho)

(Lisbon catches Tisdale)

Cho: Nice work.

Lisbon: Felt good.

CBI Interrogation Room

(Ranger Tisdale, Cho)

Ranger Tisdale: Send you to the farm? I was trying like hell to keep you away from it. All you had to do was stay on the trail. Is that really so hard?

Cho: So you were taking money from the pot dealers to protect their farm, right?

(Behind the window: Lisbon, Hightower and Jane)

Ranger Tisdale: They were paying me to direct tourists away and let 'em know if there were any local cops or feds snooping around. But that's it. Okay, these people who got k*lled, I never even saw them.

Cho: I need the names of the people who paid you.

Ranger Tisdale: I can't do that. Look, these aren't hippies growing weed in the forest, okay? These are serious, serious men. If they learn that I gave up their names, they'll k*ll me.

Cho: Look, they know you've been arrested. They think you're giving them up right now. Now with these men walking around, you're in danger. Give us their names, and we'll lock them up.

Ranger Tisdale: No, I can't.

Cho: It's your call. You got a family?

Ranger Tisdale: Uh, yeah.

Cho: Well, I suggest you send them somewhere. Not out of town, get 'em out of state. Know anybody on the east coast?

Ranger Tisdale: No.

Cho: That's too bad. How about overseas?

Hightower (to Lisbon): That's a first-rate interviewer you got there.

Lisbon: Thank you.

Jane (fait irruption pendant l'interrogatoire): Hey, what's up? So Rigsby and Cho tell me there was only one dude with a g*n. That doesn't seem like much.

Ranger Tisdale: No, it's not.

Jane: So when you say, "These are not hippies, these are serious, serious men, " that implies many, scary men with large g*ns, right?

Ranger Tisdale: Yes.

Jane: So why just one?

Ranger Tisdale: I don't know. They might be low on money. I mean, the, the crop is doing badly.

Jane: Plants are dying?

Ranger Tisdale: Yeah, yeah. And the word is that it's been going on for about six months, and nobody can figure it out, and they're really kind of freaking out about it.

Jane: I'm sure.

Hightower (entre dans la salle d'interrogatoire): Jane?

Jane: Yeah? Uh, I think I gotta, I gotta go. I'll see you later. Thank you.

(Hightoweer and Jane sortent)

Hightower's Office

(Hightower, Jane)

Hightower: So what'd you get from the guy?

Jane: The pot farmers didn't k*ll Leonard.

Hightower: That so?

Jane: Yep.

Hightower: You certain?

Jane: Well, certainty is the mother of fools.

Hightower: So all this is just... guesswork with you?

Jane: Pretty much. I mean, that's, that's what I do, I guess. For instance, I guess that you're married.

Hightower: I'm wearing a ring.

Jane: Well, I guess that you're married, but not happily. Not that there's divorce proceedings in place, but... possibly a trial separation.

Hightower: Guess I should've put up a photo, huh?

Jane: Hum, hum.

Hightower: I know you're not giving me relationship advice, so I have to wonder why you would go there. I guess it's your way of expressing unhappiness.

Jane: Mm, could be.

Hightower: I guess it's your way of saying you're unhappy with the way I'm handling Lisbon.

Jane: We spend a lot of time together. And when she's unhappy, uh, I'm less happy. It's human nature.

Hightower: Yes, it is. I'll tell you what, Patrick. Why don't you let me handle my business my way and then judge me by the results? And I'll let you handle yours your way... Up to a point.

Jane: That sounds fair. Up to a point. Yeah, very fair. We done?

Hightower: No. Please don't interrupt interrogations.

Jane: It's rude. That's a rule, is it?

Hightower: Guideline.

Jane: I'll keep it in mind.

Hightower: Now we're done.

Jane: Loving those pumps.

Hightower (after a pause): Thank you.

Jane: Bye.

(Jane leaves the office, Hightower has a little smile)

In the Team Office

(Van Pelt, Jane)

(Van Pelt working on his computer)

Jane (looks through the papers on the desk of Van Pelt casually): Oh, what's this? Interesting. We need to take amnesia girl up to the reservation. Meet me in the parking lot in ten minutes.

Van Pelt: Why take her to the reservation?

Jane: They're holding a memorial for Leonard Railton. She should be there. She might remember something.

Van Pelt: Worth a try, I guess.

Jane: Oh, do me a favor. Hmm? Don't mention this to Lisbon or Hightower.

Van Pelt: And why not?

Jane: Well, why complicate things?

Van Pelt: Complicate how?

Jane: Hell, Van Pelt, you shouldn't have taken her out of the hospital in the first place. Your car, parking lot, ten minutes.

Indian reserve. Funeral vigil of Leonard Railton

(Jane, Jane Doe, Van Pelt, Joeseph Silverwing, Lisbon, number of inhabitants of the reserve)

Dolores Brinton: Mr. Jane, what are you doing here?

Jane: Well, we're here to pay our respects. It's okay. We won't eat much.

Joeseph Silverwing: Leonard had only been with us a short while, but if you saw him walking a trail up at the lakes or riding a horse, you could see that he was home. So remember the old words. When a friend dies, we should not cry. We should not hate someone or fight. We should do right always. And we should listen to the old words and remember Leonard. If anyone else has something to say...

Jane (takes the floor): Oh, I would. This woman was with Leonard when he was shot. She has lost her memory, so we brought her here today to see if a face or a place or anything could help her remember who she is.

Dolores Brinton: This is kind of a sacred moment. Is this really the time?

Jane: It'll take but a second. (to Jane Doe) Anything?

Jane Doe: No.

Jane: Never mind. The trip was not entirely wasted. I was also looking at all of you to see if anyone recognized her. And it seems to me that somebody here does know this woman. And that somebody is you, sir. (points at Joeseph Silverwing)

Joeseph Silverwing: Me? I think you're mistaken.

Jane: Prove it.

Joeseph Silverwing: How?

Jane: Look into my eyes and hold this. (he gives him a pencil) Now tell me you don't know her.

Joeseph Silverwing: I do not know this woman.

Jane (looks at the pencil): Okay. Um, um, okay. It appears that I'm mistaken, which is very good for you. That eliminates you from our inquiry. My apologies. Carry on. We'll just take our seats in the back. Thank you. And, listen, if you, if you don't want us here, then just say the word and we'll go. Just say the word. (They both move away)

Joeseph Silverwing: I think it would be better.

Jane Doe: I see it! I see it! I see it! I see it.

(Lisbon enters the room)

Jane (settles Jane Doe): Now just relax, breathe and tell us what you see.

Jane Doe: There's a blue lake... Pine trees... A mountain... There's a bird singing.

Jane: Tell us what's happening at this lake.

Jane Doe: It's where the bad thing happened.

Jane: What bad thing?

Jane Doe: Go look. They... They left something on the shore.

Jane: Who did?

Jane Doe: Go look. They left something. They left something. I'm sorry.

Lisbon: Okay, show's over. Come on.

Outside

(Van Pelt, Jane Doe, Lisbon, Jane)

(Van Pelt helps Jane Doe into his car, Lisbon and Jane leave the room, heading for the car)

Van Pelt: Watch your head.

Lisbon: So Mr. Silverwing is gonna complain to our superiors in the strongest terms. Nice work.

Jane: See, that's why I didn't bring you along, deniability. How did you know we were here?

Lisbon: I had little, tiny G. P.S. Trackers Sewn into all your suits.

Jane: For a second there, I almost believed you. Grace?

Van Pelt: Sorry, Jane. I had to tell her. It's my job.

Jane: Eh, that's not it.

Lisbon (to Van Pelt): Get her back to the hospital.

Van Pelt: Yes, boss. She did remember something. We have a clue.

Lisbon: A lake in the mountain, something on the shore?

Van Pelt: Could be where the murders happened.

Lisbon: There's over 50 lakes in those mountains! I'll take her back to the hospital.

Jane: Listen, I'm sorry I didn't tell you where I was going. I was trying to protect you. I knew I was gonna stir things up, and, what, with Hightower all...

Lisbon: Don't. Don't ever try to protect me. I can protect myself from Hightower or anybody else.

Jane: Okay.

Lisbon: Let's go back to the office.

Jane: We could. Or we could stay here and catch Leonard Railton's k*ller.

Lisbon: How are we gonna do that?

Jane: I need a cup. Paper or plastic, I'd prefer paper.

In the mountains, near a lake

(Lisbon, Jane)

Lisbon: So Jane Doe didn't remember the lake?

Jane (a paper cup in his hand): Posthypnotic suggestion. I showed her a beautiful picture of a lake and told her that she would remember it when she heard the trigger phrase, "Say the word". She remembered the picture, associated it with the crime and felt that something was left behind there.

Lisbon: What something?

Jane: Well, it, it doesn't matter. The k*ller's feeling paranoid now, so he or she will be compelled to go back to the scene of the crime and make sure that nothing was left behind.

Lisbon: That's assuming the m*rder occurred at the lake.

Jane: Well, it did.

Lisbon: Because?

Jane: Because the pot crop died, and Leonard Railton was worried about the water his girlfriend's baby was getting...

(Cho waits for them on the path)

Cho: Hey, it's over here.

Jane: ...and the water supply for around here comes from the mountain lakes. Cho followed whoever left the memorial to the lake.

Lisbon: And? Who is it?

Jane: We'll see.

(Cho is looking across to the other side of the lake)

Jane (to Cho): Where is he?

Cho: Straight through the trees.

(Cho and Lisbon s'approchent l'arme au poing de Markham suivis de Jane, son gobelet toujours a la main)

(Jane looks with the binoculars, Markham Willis is walking along the lake looking at the ground)

(Cho and Lisbon approach Markham, followed by Jane, cup still in hand)

Cho (to Markham Willis): Hands up.

Markham Willis: What's going on?

Cho: Get your hands up.

Markham Willis: No, I, I don't understand. (Cho handcuffs and searches Markham) What are you doing?

Cho: r*fle shell.

Lisbon: Where'd you get that, Mr. Willis?

Markham Willis: I just found it. I was gonna give it to you. Do you think it's connected to those murders?

Jane: That's the best you got?

Cho: Why'd you sh**t those four people, Mr. Willis?

Markham Willis: I didn't.

Jane: Well, keep in mind that two of them, the Langhams, they were, uh, by-products, latecomers. But Leonard... Leonard you k*lled because of what's in the lake, didn't you?

Markham Willis: I don't know what you're talking about.

Jane: Toxic waste. Great, big barrels of it, I expect. Dumped by you. That's why the pot plants in the valley were dying. That's why Derrien Hopwood's child got a rash. Leonard was gonna tell, so you had to sh**t him and anyone else that just happened to come along that day.

Markham Willis: I don't even know what to say. That is not true.

Jane: Well, this is ground zero for the dumping, so the water here must be much more toxic (il rempli son gobelet d'eau du lac) than it is down in the valley.

Markham Willis: That is nonsense!

Jane: Really? Feeling a little parched? Have a drink. (Jane shoves the cup in Markham's face)

Markham Willis: No. No.

Lisbon: Why not?

Jane: Oh, come on. Cheers. (the cup is close to Markham's mouth) Have a drink.

Markham Willis (terrified): No.

Jane: Little sip.

Markham Willis (panicking): No. No, please, stop. No! All right!

INT. CBI Interrogation Room

(Markham Willis, Jane, Lisbon)

Markham Willis: I tried to get so many ideas across the tribal council. But somebody didn't like it, or it wasn't culturally appropriate, or blah, de, blah, de, blah. So this guy said he needed to dump some stuff, and did I know any place on the rez that he could do it? So I had Leonard take them up to the lake. Well, I figured with his record, he'd take the money and keep his mouth shut.

(Flashback. Night, a boat on the lake. From the boat someone dropped toxic barrels)

Well, we went well. Got more trucks up there. I mean, something was finally working for me. And then that kid in the valley got a rash. And Leonard was worried. Said we were poisoning the valley, (outdoors day, Leonard and Markham argue) and if we didn't stop, that he was gonna blow the whistle. Then I overheard him on the phone, arranging to meet somebody up at the lake. So I went, too.

(Leonard and Jane Doe near the lake. Jane Doe took pictures. Markham is on the other side of the lake and targets them with a r*fle scope. They collapse both)

Back to the present.

Lisbon: When did the Langhams get there?

(Flashback. Markham near the bodies of Leonardo and Jane Doe)

Markham Willis: I was cleaning up. You know, what they doing there, anyway? (A couple appear next to him, he takes his g*n and sh**t the two hikers)

Back to the present.

Jane: Um, they were taking a hike?

Markham Willis: I'm sorry. I am. I'm sorry.

Jane: Well, that's okay, then. As long as you're sorry. Maybe we'll just let you go.(he leaves the room) I'm kidding.

Jane Doe's Hospital Room

(Van Pelt, Jane Doe in bed)

Van Pelt: Got something for you. Your driver's license. We got it from Markham Willis. Your name is Camille Dillon. You live in Oakland. You're an Internet journalist and writer. We contacted your family. Your mom is on her way from Des Moines.

Camille Dillon (looks at her driving license): My name is Camille?

Van Pelt: Apparently, you taught Leonard Railton while he was in the juvenile system. A little while ago, he got in touch with you about...

Camille Dillon: Wait. Something... something was wrong. They were... Someone was, uh, dumping...

Van Pelt: Toxins.

Camille Dillon: Y, yes. And he, he wanted people to know. He... He called... And he, he asked for my help. I rem, I remember him. I remember him asking for my help. I remember. I remember me. I know who I am.

Night - Team Office

(Rigsby, Van Pelt)

Rigsby: Just let me finish this up, and we'll go talk to Hightower.

Van Pelt: Wayne...

Rigsby: What's up?

Van Pelt: I love you. I do. But I think I love the job more.

Rigsby: Well, job's not a problem. I'm gonna go.

Van Pelt: You'd be leaving the unit... for us.

Rigsby: So?

Van Pelt: I don't want that responsibility. You'll hate me for it. Maybe not today, but someday you will.

Rigsby: No, Grace, we...

Van Pelt: I'm sorry.

Rigsby: You're, uh... certain about this?

Van Pelt: I know who I am.

(she leaves)

CBI Corridors

(Hightower, Lisbon, Jane. Walking in the corridor)

Hightower: Narcotics picked up the pot farmers off the ranger's confession. I also got a call from a guy named Silverwing about a stunt you pulled up on the Storm River Reservation.

Jane: Well, I wouldn't call that a stunt so m...

Hightower: Whatever. He was displeased.

Lisbon: Yes, ma'am. I filled out a p-90...

Hightower: You solved the triple, right?

Lisbon: Yeah.

Hightower: Nobody got hurt?

Jane: No.

Hightower: Then the hell with him. You got justice done. Keep up the good work. (gives a friendly pat on the arm, looking at Lisbon)

Lisbon: That was unexpected.

Jane: I'll say.

(Jane and Lisbon are heading to the elevator)

Jane (to Van Pelt): Hey, Grace.

Van Pelt (without turning): Hi.

Lisbon: You all right?

Van Pelt (in tears, she enters the elevator): I'm fine.

Lisbon (following Van Pelt in): Okay, but...

Jane (doesn't enter, makes an excuse): Yeah, I just... I just, uh, forgot my... stuff.

(The elevator door closes on the two women)

The End